If you’re in the market for window screens, it’s important to know what to look for to ensure you’re getting the best value for your money. With so many options available on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one that fits your needs and budget. In this ultimate guide, we will explore everything you need to know about window screen prices and how to choose the best option.
Types of Window Screens
There are various types of window screens available in the market. Below are some of the most common types of window screens that you can choose from:
- Fiberglass Window Screens: Fiberglass window screens are one of the most popular options available. They are lightweight, durable, and relatively inexpensive. Fiberglass screens come in different mesh sizes, making them suitable for different types of insects.
- Aluminum Window Screens: Aluminum window screens are a more durable option than fiberglass. They are resistant to corrosion, rust, and sagging, making them ideal for areas with harsh weather conditions. However, aluminum screens tend to be more expensive than fiberglass screens.
- Solar Window Screens: Solar window screens are designed to block out the sun’s heat and harmful UV rays. They are ideal for hot climates and can help reduce your energy bills by keeping your home cooler. However, they tend to be more expensive than traditional screens.
- Pet-resistant Window Screens: Pet-resistant window screens are designed to withstand scratches and tears caused by pets. They are typically made of vinyl-coated polyester and are more expensive than traditional screens.
Factors that Affect Window Screen Prices
The cost of window screens can vary depending on various factors, including the material, size, and features. Below are some of the factors that can affect window screen prices:
- Material: As mentioned earlier, the material of the screen can affect its price. Fiberglass screens tend to be the cheapest, while aluminum and solar screens tend to be more expensive.
- Size: The size of the screen can also affect its price. Custom-sized screens tend to be more expensive than standard-sized screens.
- Features: Some window screens come with additional features, such as pet-resistant coating or solar-blocking capabilities. These features can add to the cost of the screen.
How to Choose the Best Window Screen for Your Home
Choosing the best window screen for your home can be a daunting task. Below are some factors that you should consider when choosing a window screen:
- Purpose: Consider the primary purpose of the screen. If you’re looking for a screen that will keep insects out, fiberglass or aluminum screens are a good option. If you’re looking for a screen that will block out the sun’s heat, solar screens are a better option.
- Durability: Consider the durability of the screen. If you live in an area with harsh weather conditions, aluminum screens may be a better option. If you have pets, pet-resistant screens are a must.
- Price: Consider your budget when choosing a screen. Fiberglass screens are the most affordable, while solar screens tend to be the most expensive.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance required for the screen. Fiberglass screens require little maintenance, while aluminum screens require occasional cleaning to prevent corrosion.
Choosing the right window screen for your home can help improve your comfort and save you money in the long run. If you’re unsure about which screen to choose, contact Arizona Screen Company at 480-771-2543 for expert advice.